Dave starts off with a few rare corrections from last week’s episode. We then get right into a wide variety of tech news and tips. Find out what happened this week and some great ways to use the technology in your life better.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
- iPad mini 2 came out 6 years ago, not 8 (00:45)
- FCPX, Logic, etc. bundle is $199, not $299 (01:25)
- Here Kitty (01:50)
- Facebook acquires GIPHY (03:25)
- Amazon moves Prime Day to the fall (04:45)
- Joe Rogan strikes podcast deal with Spotify worth more than $100 Million (06:00)
- Podcast startup Luminary raises more money in losing battle (10:35)
- Some Good News gets sold, John Krasinski probably won’t host (12:40)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Use “Preview” on Mac for PDF creation and management (14:00)
- Netflix will cancel inactive accounts (18:05)
- Twitter and Square announce permanent work from home options (19:50)
- AT&T won’t remove fake 5G logo even after ad board says it’s misleading (23:35)
- Apple releases iOS 13.5 with coronavirus support and Face ID improvements for masks (25:45)
- PathSpot sells a scanner that fact checks your handwashing efficacy (27:35)
- Bonus Odd Take: Dad, How Do I Youtube Channel (34:20)
- Picks of the Week:
- Ramazon™ purchase – Nate’s PDX Fast Foodie Review (42:05)
- Check out the Notnerd YouTube channel for great videos
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally, or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.