So the Apple event has come and passed and while all of the rumors did not come true, I am pretty excited. They announced the all new iPhone4s and gave us some more insight into the new iOS5. I will give you a quick overview of what I think you might want to know.
- Pre-orders start this Friday October 7th.
- iOS5 comes out October 12th.
- The iPhone4s will arrive next Friday the 14th.
- In the U.S. the iPhone will be available on AT&T, Verizon and now Sprint.
- US, Canada, Australia, the UK, France, Germany, and Japan all get it the 14th.
- 28 more countries the 28th
The What (iPhone4s):
- It’s going to be a lot faster
- It looks the same as the iPhone4
- The camera is amazing
- The phone signal should be much better
- It is a ‘world’ phone, works on most networks
The How Much:
- The iPhone4S 16gig $199, 32gig $299, 64gig $399
- The iPhone4 8gig $99
- The iPhone3Gs Free
- All with 2 year contracts
- They showed off their new Siri voice software for the iPhone4s. From some early reviews it is a pretty amazing tool that basically makes typing useless…
- New Cards app where you can have a real card sent from your iPhone for a cost.
- New find my friends app. People can give you permission to find them and their iPhone, even for a limited time. This would be great for helping someone get to your house, when you separate from your wife at the mall to hit the Apple Store or when you get separated at a festival.
So I think that gets you about caught up. You can always head over to www.apple.com for more details or ask me for details. I plan on acquiring an iPhone4s 64gig next Friday!