After starting off with some trending topics and an update on our 30-minute guarantee we agree to disagree on whether or not Facebook is worth it. Stick around to the end for possible our tastiest pick of the week yet.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- The Momo hoax (00:30)
- TikTok (02:50)
- 30-minute guarantee (04:15)
- Cord cutting happening faster than expected (04:40)
- Facebook tracks you on Android even if you don’t have an account (07:20)
- Facebook had a lot more kids on their tracking app than they reported (09:55)
- Zuckerberg says Facebook will focus on privacy in communications (10:10)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Measure app on iOS (12:30)
- Over a quarter of US adults now own a smart speaker, typically an Amazon Echo (15:35)
- Roku devices now work with Alexa (17:05)
- Smartphone depreciation rates (18:25)
- Google refuses to remove a Saudi government app (20:55)
- Airbnb is buying HotelTonight (23:35)
- Security/Privacy: Google reveals “high severity” flaw in MacOS kernel (25:20)
- Bonus Odd Take: Tim (26:55)
- Picks of the Week:
- Dave: Simon’s Cat Pop time (29:10)
- Nate: Cello Whisps (31:15)
- Random Amazon purchase (34:15)
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff
- Give the gift of Amazon Prime!
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.