We have all kinds of fun with this week’s tech news. There’s a new version of Android, new huge Samsung phones, 11 year-olds hacking voting machines, and Nate deciding he is right about many things.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Intro: Nate’s discussion on iPhone vs. Android Clark Stinks site, Clark Howard Podcast (03:00)
- Koozie, Cozy, Coldy-Holdy (05:50)
- Apple official AirPod repair/replace page (07:40)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Offload unused apps (11:45)
- 2% of people with Alexa have used it for shopping (15:25)
- Fortnite on Android installation process causes security concerns (18:40)
- Google announces Android Pie, begins rollout to very few phones (21:45)
- Samsung Unpacked 2018: 7 things you might want to know (23:25)
- Marques Brownlee 2018 iPhone prototype video (28:00)
- Facebook reportedly looking to partner with banks (32:05)
- Facebook is changing how business pages are used (34:00)
- 11-year-old hacks voting machines (36:00)
- Man buys 69 hard drives from Target, returns the boxes full of Play-Doh (38:00)
- Tech companies banned Infowars. Now, its app is trending (40:30)
- Verizon customers are getting 6 months of Apple Music “for free” (42:40)
- Picks of the Week:
- Dave – Apple SD Card Adapter (43:40)
- Nate – Pluto TV Free Streaming (48:30)
- Leave us an iTunes review (52:45)
Give the gift of Amazon Prime!
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.