We start off covering everyone’s favorite topics, politics and taxes! Don’t worry we are still the “Most non-partisan tech podcast on the internet.” There’s plenty more tech goodness after that.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- Tax Day: Turbo Tax and Credit Karma (00:55)
- Not News: Zuckerberg gets a crash course in charm. Will Congress care? (03:40)
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak deletes Facebook (07:20)
- Facebook’s surveillance is nothing compared to Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon (08:30)
- Facebook is offering a $40,000 bounty program (09:30)
- Cool Tools Digital Book (09:55)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Scanning documents with iPhone with Notes app (12:35)
- Amazon spent nearly $23 billion on R&D last year, more than any other company (17:20)
- Piper Jaffray’s “teen survey” shows 82% of US teens currently own an iPhone (21:00)
- Not News: Apple is the richest company, so where are the billionaires? (23:45)
- Not News: Welcome to HD Vinyl (26:35)
- Disney kicks off its streaming future today with ESPN+ (29:20)
- How Android phones hide missed security updates from you (31:30)
- Picks of the Week:
- Dave: Playdead’s INSIDE (35:25)
- Nate: Spotify and Hulu launch a discounted entertainment bundle (37:40)
Give the gift of Amazon Prime!
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.