Dave and Nate disagree to disagree on how bad Facebook is, but no matter where you fall we give you some tips for making sure you’re not giving away more info than you want to. Apple held a special education event and we get you caught up on the basics. That plus a special guest Pro Tip (ding!) and much more.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- Google Maps has found a better way to navigate India’s chaotic roads – Three Little Words, actually What 3 Words (01:40)
- HQ trivia was pulled from the App Store due to one simple mistake (05:45)
- Fortnite is a success – Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds is now free on iOS and Android (07:25)
- You should really look at your Facebook third-party app settings (09:20)
- Zuckerberg finally talks about privacy and Cambridge Analytica (17:54)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Guest voicemail from Dillon on the Apple TV remote – Scotch 414 Extreme Tape (19:00)
- What will Apple announce at its Chicago education event? (24:15)
- California will send residents election information through Nextdoor (29:50)
- GrayKey iPhone unlocker poses serious security concerns (33:10)
- Google Lens w/ visual search and assistance now rolling out to Google Photos for iOS (35:45)
- Self-driving Uber vehicle strikes and kills pedestrian – It’s a crash, not an accident (36:40)
- Not News: Apple AirPods: the audiophile review (40:25)
- Not News: This tortoise shows kids that robot abuse is bad (43:10)
- Samsung is ‘looking into’ Galaxy S9 touchscreen issues (45:20)
- Shop for a Ford from its new online dealership (45:40)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
- Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
- Notnerd Facebook
- Email – info@Notnerd.com
- Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.