This episode is a wild ride through the week’s tech news. We have flamethrowers, life-saving drones, half of us going to Africa, and an NPR caliber story like we’ve never done before. As always, our goal is to provide you practical information to tech better with plenty of fun mixed in.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know what topics we should cover.
- How Does MoviePass make Money? We’re Starting to Find Out – MoviePass pulls out of AMC’s top theaters as negotiations fail (02:20)
- CryptoWatch: Stripe will stop accepting bitcoin in April (09:20)
- Checking out Amazon Go, the first no-checkout convenience store – Amazon’s page for Go (12:25)
- Dave’s #Pro-Tip o’ the week: Tyler’s RAM memory iPhone tip (16:10)
- Apple starts taking pre-orders for the HomePod (21:05)
- Not News: On Rumors of the iPhone X Being Produced for Only One Year (25:30)
- Check out the beautifully minimalist bikes Apple designed for its $5 billion campus (31:20)
- Apple previews iOS 11.3 with new Animoji, battery/performance toggle, more (32:30)
- Steven Soderbergh Wants to Shoot Movies Exclusively on iPhones (36:40)
- Nate upcoming Africa trip for Patrick’s Children non-profit (39:25)
- Rescue drone saves two boys from drowning on its first day in service (43:00)
- Here’s how Vine replacement v2 will work (45:15)
- Copyright Royalty Board votes to increase writer and producer pay (48:50)
- Elon Musk’s Boring Co. flamethrower is real, $500 and up for pre-order (51:25)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
- Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
- Notnerd Facebook
- Email – [email protected]
- Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.